Patients’ Rights & Responsibilities
» Patients’ Rights & Responsibilities
- To be treated with dignity and respect, to the highest professional standards.
- To receive care that is considerate and respectful of their personal values and beliefs.
- To have privacy both of person and information.
- To receive information on admission regarding the Health Shield Medical Center’s regulations & relevant policies
- To be involved in any decision making about their treatment & care
- To have communications in their native language or through the services of an interpreter.
- To be referred to a specialist/consultant for special care when there is a clinical need.
- To received detailed explanation of their condition, care, treatment and aftercare
- To have access to their Medical Record and Medical Information.
- To privacy during examination, procedures, clinical care/ treatment.
- To refuse and accept treatment based on personal decision.
- To expect safe, efficient & prompt nursing care.
- To seek second opinion if they so choose.
- To have signed consent forms prior to any procedure; in the case of a minor, the consent shall be obtained from the parents or legal guardians.
- To have all clinical and pharmaceutical records kept updated and relevant, and protected from loss and misuse.
- To have the freedom to choose their pharmaceutical care provider.
- To discuss and request information related to their specific drug therapy, possible adverse side effects and drug interactions.
- To have their grievances & complaints heard and taken care of.
- To be protected from physical assault during their visit/stay at Health Shield Medical Center.
- To receive care in any medical emergency situation.
- To end of life care, both respectfully and compassionately.
- Patient has the right to informed consent for treatment, procedures, interventions, as per Health Shield Medical Center Consent Form.