The cardiologist is a specialist in diseases of the heart. The Cardiology Department at Health Shield Medical Center provides highly specialized medical care to patients with heart diseases, diagnosing and treating conditions such as a heart attack, heart failure and arrhythmia (heart rhythm disturbance).
The cardiologist may also use specialized equipment such an electrocardiograph to measure the heart’s electrical impulses or a chest x-ray.
- Evaluation and management of chest pain, shortness of breath, palpitations, dizziness and syncope.
- Preventive cardiology with focus on early detection of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD).
- Specialized management and follow up of arterial hypertension, lipid disorders, Diabetes Mellitus and their complications.
- Management of CAD and Post Coronary Artery Bypass grafting.
- Cardiomyopathies management (Hypertrophic/Dilated).
- Evaluation and management of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).
- Arrythmia management and follow up.
- Anticoagulation management and follow up.
- Valvular Heart Disease diagnosis and management.
- Carotid Artery Disease and Peripheral Vascular Disease primary prevention and treatment.
- Post stroke care.
- Venous disorders evaluation and management (including varicose veins, venous insufficiency, thrombophlebitis and Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT)).
- Occupational Cardiovascular medical checkup.
- Cardiovascular check-up and investigations for various local and international insurance companies.
- Stress test
- Doppler Echocardiography
- Holter monitoring electrocardiograph (ECG)
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring electrocardiograph or a chest x-ray.
- 2D Echocardiography + Doppler Study
- Electrocardiography (ECG) and Rhythm study
- Exercise Stress test
- Ambulatory Holter monitor for cardiac rhythm abnormalities (ECG Holter)
- Ambulatory Blood pressure monitoring
- Cardiac CT Angiography review in collaboration with the Radiology Department
- Cardiac Catheterization review and decision making for revascularization procedures versus medical treatment in collaboration with Interventional Cardiologist.